Irish Tartan Medium Weight 13oz Phillabeg
- SKU: KP013I
- Categories: Kilts, Phillabeg (Little Kilt), Ren Fair Collection, Irish Tartans and Stuff, Irish Tartan Kilts
- Tags: Custom-Order, Irish, Made in Scotland, Medium Weight, Wool
Our phillabegs (little kilt) are made in the USA from our medium weight premium wool tartan that is woven in Scotland. The Phillabeg is an early predecessor of today’s modern kilt, dating back to at least the late 1600’s. It is simply a length of tartan about 25″ wide and about 4 yds long, loosely bunched or pleated, and held about the waist with a belt. Perfect for Renaissance festivals, Renaissance weddings, casual wear, Irish fairs and Highland games.
$250.00 – $485.00
Medium Weight Irish Phillabeg
Our phillabegs (little kilt) are made in the USA from our medium weight premium wool tartan that is woven in Scotland. The Phillabeg is an early predecessor of today’s modern kilt, dating back to at least the late 1600’s. It is simply a length of tartan about 25″ wide and about 4 yds long, loosely bunched or pleated, and held about the waist with a belt. Perfect for Renaissance festivals, Renaissance weddings, casual wear, Irish fairs and Highland games. We recommend a medium weight kilt. Medium weight tartan will hang better and take a crisper pleat than light weight tartan, while still being comfortable to wear. It just makes a better all around kilt.
Most of these tartans are woven double width (54″ wide). This means your kilt will probably have a seam in the middle where the fabric is cut in half and stitched together. This seam is easily hidden in a pleat either when you pleat the kilt, or if you order cheater pleats to be sewn in.
Pleating instructions are included with each kilt. Traditionally these kilts are pleated each time you wear them. We ask for size information to be sure that your kilt will fit you correctly, but we do not pleat the kilt for you unless you also select Cheater Pleats™ as an additional option.
A 4 yard kilt will fit up to about a 34 inch waist, a 5 yard kilt will fit up to about a 44 inch waist, and a 6 yard kilt will fit up to about a 50 inch waist. If you are larger than this please contact us for pricing on larger kilts. Also, If your waist size is close to one of these limits, consider the next size larger if you want deeper pleats or pleats closer together. For example:
If you have a 34 inch waist, a 4 yd phillabeg will have pleats 1.5 – 2 inches wide and 3-4 inches deep. A 5 yd phillabeg will have pleats approximately 1 inch wide and 3-4 inches deep or 1.5 – 2 inches wide and 6-8 inches deep. In this example a 6 yd kilt would be overkill with a 34 inch waist, but it would have pleats about 1 inch wide and 6-8 inches deep.
How to measure for your Phillabeg:
1) Measure the waist size at your actual waist, where you usually wear your pants.
2) Measure from your waist to about the middle of the knee.
Have someone help you. If you bend even a little while trying to do it yourself, the measurement will change.
Antrim County, Armagh County, Carlow County, Cavan County, Clare County, Cork County, Donegal County, Down County, Dublin County, Fermanagh County, Galway County, Irish Diaspora, Irish National, Kerry County, Kildare County, Kilkenny County, Laois County, Leitrim County, Limerick County, Londonderry County, Longford County, Louth County, Mayo County, Meath County, Monaghan County, Ofally County, Rosscommon County, Sligo County, Tipperary County, Tyrone County, Waterford County, Westmeath County, Wexford County, Wicklow County
|Phillabeg Kilt Size||
4 Yard Phillabeg, 5 Yard Phillabeg, 6 Yard Phillabeg
|Waist Size (Inches)||
26W, 27W, 28W, 29W, 30W, 31W, 32W, 33W, 34W, 35W, 36W, 37W, 38W, 39W, 40W, 41W, 42W, 43W, 44W, 45W, 46W, 47W, 48W, 49W, 50W, 51W, 52W, 53W, 54W, 55W, 56W, 57W, 58W, 59W, 60W
|Kilt Length (Inches)||
18L, 19L, 20L, 21L, 22L, 23L, 24L, 25L, 26L
4ft 11in, 5ft 0in, 5ft 1in, 5ft 2in, 5ft 3in, 5ft 4in, 5ft 5in, 5ft 6in, 5ft 7in, 5ft 8in, 5ft 9in, 5ft 10in, 5ft 11in, 6ft 0in, 6ft 1in, 6ft 2in, 6ft 3in, 6ft 4in, 6ft 5in, 6ft 6in
No Pleats, Pleat to Sett, Pleat to Stripe, Box Pleats
Do not iron, Lightly ironed, Crisply ironed
|Straps and Buckles||
No Straps or Buckles, Add Straps and Buckles
Include products updated are similar or are same of quality
- The Braveheart Ancient Kilt is the same rustic tartan–authentically woven in Scotland– featured in the movie Braveheart
- This kilt is sewn right here in the US and wears lighter, cooler, more comfortably than wool typically does
- It’s custom-made just for you and available in 6, 8, and 10 yard lengths to accommodate different waist sizes
- Please allow 1-2- weeks for delivery for this bit o’ rugged highland style to arrive at your door
- The US Army 9 Yard Premium Wool Kilt is made by skilled kiltmakers in Scotland in the US Army tartan.
- Featuring hand-stitched pleats and 100% premium wool, it offers an enduring, sophisticated look, custom-made to your measurements.
- Made from 8-9 yards of US Army tartan, customize it further by choosing between light and medium-weight options.
- The lighter-weight kilt is ideal for warm-weather events, while the medium-weight tartan offers crisp, military-precision pleats.
- Quality and affordable kid kilts made for boys and girls
- Poly/viscose blend is fully washable and makes for a durable fabric
- Fastens with leather straps and buckles at the waist for a secure fit
- Waist size ranging from 16 inches to 26 inches with an elastic waistband for growing room
- Braveheart-style traditional kilt made from 6-10 yards of tartan woven in Scotland.
- There are over 200 clan and non-clan tartan designs to choose from.
- The Single-width ancient kilt is lightweight and practical for warm-weather wear.
- Customizable and fits up to 60-inch waist, and added pre-pleated Cheater pleats for convenience.