Gold Dragon Sword Kilt Pin/Brooch
- SKU: KPW04
- Categories: Badges and Brooches, Featured, Highland Accessories, Kilt Pins, Sash and Plaid Brooches, The Magic of Beltane, Welsh Tartans and Stuff
- Tags: Dragon, Gold, Pewter, Special-Order, Welsh
- About 4in long
- Made from Pewter with a Gold finish
- Made in the UK
Tartan Jewelry Gift Bag$10.00
- Customizable tartan jewelry gift bag
- Measures approximately 4inches wide by 5.5 inches long
- Pull string closure to keep your treasures safe
- bring tartan culture to everyday used
The Dragon has almost always been a symbol of the Britons, mostly known today in Wales, but also in other Brythonic parts of Britain, such as the West Country. The Dragon Rampant can be found as a heraldic supporter for many of the towns and families of Wales, as well as the flag of Somerset.
The proud and ancient battle standard of the Welsh is The Red Dragon (Y Ddraig Goch) and consists of a red dragon, passant (standing with one foot raised), on a green and white background. As with any ancient symbol, the appearance of the dragon has been adapted and changed over the years, and hence several different variations exist.
The current flag was officially adopted in 1959, and is based on an old royal badge used by British kings and queens since Tudor times. The red dragon itself has been associated with Wales for centuries, and as such, the flag is claimed to be the oldest national flag still in use. But why a dragon? The answer to that particular question is lost in history and myth.
One legend recalls Romano-British soldiers carrying the red dragon (Draco) to Rome on their banners in the fourth-century, but it could be even older than that.
It is considered that the Welsh kings of Aberffraw first adopted the dragon in the early fifth century in order to symbolize their power and authority after the Romans withdrew from Britain. Later, around the seventh century, it became known as the Red Dragon of Cadwaladr, king of Gwynedd from 655 to 682.
Include products updated are similar or are same of quality
- The U.S. Coast Guard Pewter Cap Badge/Brooch is an officially-licensed piece boasting superior artistry
- This 1.75 inch by 2.25 inches accent is the ideal accent for your highland dress
- A high-quality pin back ensures durable, lasting elegance
- Cast in pewter, display this badge on your hat, fly plaid, or sash–or wear it solo as a brooch
- Measures 1.75 X 2.25 inches
- Cast in pewter
- High-quality lead-free pewter
- Honor your Service in the U.S. Navy!
- High-quality pin back
- Works equally well as a cap badge or a brooch